The operating structure of the Booragoon Junior Football Club, depicted below, shows what the key functions within the club are and how they engage internally and externally.
The major functions are described below.
Booragoon JFC Committee – Administration & Operations
All Booragoon JFC Committee members are expected to take an active role in one or more of the following functions, preferably as part of a small team for some of the larger functions (Catering, Events, Football Operations).
Detailed job descriptions for these positions can be found at the WA Football web site.
Overall Club Management – President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary
- Overall governance and management
- Internal and external point of contact and escalation
- Get involved in all other functions as required
- Manage Player Registration
- Engage with Districts on team registrations, transfers, fixtures, etc
- Manage Competition Administration processes
- Manage club awards and end-of-season trophy processes
AFL Auskick Coordinator
- Manage all aspects of the Club AFL Auskick Program
- Select, direct and develop coaches and assistant coaches
- Engage with Districts on coaching development
- Engage with Districts on player development (District Development Squads, etc)
- Manage canteen operations
- Manage bar operations
Football Operations Coordinators
- Manage team equipment purchase, distribution, maintenance, collection (jumpers, balls, bags, etc)
- Manage game-day equipment purchase and maintenance (goal posts, pads, sirens, cones, scoreboards, etc)
- Coordinate line marking
- Manage game-day allocations of grounds, change-rooms
- Recruit and retain club sponsors and sponsorship income (cash, in-kind, prizes, etc)
- Manage team and club apparel purchase, ordering, distribution
- Manage sponsorship signage
- Schedule, plan and coordinate events – sundowners, social events, fairest & best evenings, club wind-ups, etc.
- Publish newsletters
- Run web site and social media presence
- Produce Yearbook
Booragoon JFC Football Teams
Note that Players, Parents, Coaches and other Officials are bound by the various Codes-of-Conduct of Junior Football.
- Play football with your mates
- Develop football skills
- Have fun
Coaches & Assistant Coaches
- Develop player and team skills
- Develop a positive team environment
- Encourage participation & development
- Develop own coaching skills and capabilities
- Ensure players, officials, and parents compliance with all club and competition by-laws and rules
- Ensure teams, officials, and parents compliance with all club and competition by-laws and rules
- Manage all on-field and off-field activities, resources, and equipment for the team
- Utilise club functions in managing team
- Manage roster of parents required to contribute to club operations activities – canteen, etc.
Parents & Guardians
- Provide positive support for players, teams, officials and umpires
- Get involved in game-day duties (runners, water carriers, first-aid, set-up, pack-away, etc).
- Get involved in club activities, on-field and off-field
- Become part of team or club football, administration, or operations functions