We have had a great season at the Booragoon Bulldogs. Highlights of the season include:
- Sixth consecutive year of growth in player numbers – we continue to be in the top three clubs in the East Fremantle District
- More teams than ever before – 17 teams from Year 3 to Year 12s
- Continued growth of Girls football, with Under 12s and a new Under 15s team
- First time we’ve had a Year 12 team for six years
- Year 3s entering the Junior Football competition for the first time
- Another excellent AFL Auskick program, this year focussed on Pre-Primary to Year 2s
- Over 30 Booragoon JFC players in District and WAFC Development Squads
- Exciting finals series, with Year 10s and Year 9s making Preliminary Finals and a first-ever Booragoon Year 8s Grand Final Derby to finish the year
- Long awaited renovations at Karoonda Park finally underway, to be ready for 2017
Our Financials are very healthy, with funds in the bank finally able to contribute to the renovations in-progress at Karoonda. The last two-years have not been typical year financially, with no Canteen, significant investment in new Jumpers last year, and the second year of two-year sponsorship arrangements coming in this year.
2017 Goals should be
- Retain and grow player group across Auskick, Junior and Youth Football
- Grow Girls Football specifically: Riding the wave of the AFL Womens competition to be run in February and March 2017, we should aim for three teams across Under 12s and Under 15s. These teams and players need additional focus as it still is a new area for the Club and Players, but it is a major growth area and a great opportunity for our Club
2017 Changes to Manage
- Fremantle Conference Competition extends to cover Year 8s to Year 12s and merges with the Girls Football Competition. While this does change some aspects of Year 8 and 9 football, I think it is a positive move for the game
2017 Focus Areas
- Game-day environment – ensure our Club Ethos is lived every day, and our players, coaches, officials and parents abide by their respective codes of conduct. The purpose of our Club is for Kids enjoying and improve playing footy, not winning football games. We all need to remember this
- Player skill development, driven by good Coaches that prepare and execute well, and make football fun
- Moving in to our new Clubrooms
- Financials – continue to be disciplined
Thank you to our major sponsors IGA, Pharmacy 777, Ship Agency Services, RentWest Solutions, Niagara, Mazu Shipping, Jones Ballard, Ranford Veterinary Hospital, Bradford Legal Services.
On behalf of the Committee, I would like to thank all of the players, coaches, team managers, game-day volunteers, and parents that make the Booragoon Junior Football Club a great community to be part of.
I would like to thank all members of the Club Committee – a great bunch of people that do things right, put in significant effort to make this Club run smoothly, work together extremely well, and enjoy the job. Thank you to Mark, Marie, Steve, Paul, Dean, Leigh, Erin, and Lindsay, it has been great working with you.
This community is powered by volunteers, we need more people to be involved – please now consider contributing to this Club, it is very rewarding and a lot of fun.
Roll on 2017, it will be a fantastic year!!