FREMANTLE CONFERENCE COMPETITION
2018 AGE ELIGIBILITY
All Female Competition
Year 3 & Year 4 – BIRTHDATES 1/07/2009 to 30/06/2009
Year 5 & Year 6 – BIRTHDATES 1/07/2007 to 30/06/2007
Year 7 & Year 8 – BIRTHDATES 1/07/2005 to 30/06/2004
Year 9, 10 & 11 – BIRTHDATES 1/07/2003 to 30/06/2002
Year 8’s – BIRTHDATES 01/07/2004 to 30/06/2005
Year 9’s – BIRTHDATES 01/07/2003 to 30/06/2004
Year 10’s – BIRTHDATES 01/07/2002 to 30/06/2003
Year 11’s – BIRTHDATES 01/07/2001 to 30/06/2002
Year 12’s – BIRTHDATES 01/07/2000 to 30/06/2001
The following Play Up. Play Down – medical, by laws are currently being reviewed by the WAFC, will email all clubs once all confirmed.
12.1 Any player who is repeating Year 12 is NOT eligible to play in the Year 12-year group competition and should be encouraged to join a senior community competition.
12.2 On application to the JCC a player may be eligible to play up a MAXIMUM of one year group only.
12.3 With reference to combined year groups, the JCC or controlling body will make the final determination in regards to play up applications. It is generally considered that only top aged players are eligible to play up a year group.
12.4 The granting of any such request shall apply only to the current season and can be subject to review by the JCC Executive during the course of the current season
13. PHYSICAL SIZE & DEVELOPMENT CRITERIA Players must apply to the JCC Executive for permission to play down an age group during the current season.
13.1 Approval will only be granted if the player submits with their application to play down, written authority by the sports physician(s) or doctor(s) that is specified by the District and addresses that the participant falls below the fifth (5th) percentile for height or weight.
13.2 A player granted permission to play down an age group will be eligible for the fairest and best votes for the grade in which he has received permission to play.
14. DISABILITY (Physical & Intellectual) A player with a disability, that physically limits their ability to play, may apply to the JCC Executive for permission to play down an age group during the current season.
14.1 Approval will only be granted if the player submits with their application to play down, written authority by a sports physician or registered medical practitioner.
14.2 The granting of any such request shall apply to the current season only.
14.2 A player granted permission to play down an age group will be eligible for the fairest and best votes for the grade in which he has received permission to play.
TRANSFERS – Development Squad, new 2018 Bylaw
1. If a 2017 Junior Football team had 5-or-more 2017 Development Squad players, transfers of further Development Squad players into the 2018 team will not be permitted (transfers will be Denied by the Fremantle Conference Executives.
2. Transfers of 2017 Development Squad players out of a Club will reduce the Development Squad “player count” for a 2018 Team.
3. Appeals for exceptions to this Bylaw can be made in writing by a Club President to the Fremantle Conference Executive. Only extreme situations will be considered (e.g. unreasonably excessive travel to alternative Destination Clubs).