Back: Charles Casale (Assistant Coach), David Glass (Coach), Mick Strahan (Assistant Coach), Leslie Eddy (Team Manager)
Middle: Cameron Ross, Thorfinn Dunn, Harry Skepper, Jack Alexander, Tom Glass, Douglas Allison, Dalton Eddy, Luke Strahan, Kyle Brestovac
Front: Jimmy Bardill, Sam Hesp, Harry Collins, Matthew Wallace, George Joannides, Jordan Allanson
Absent: Hayden Centa (inset)
I have again had the pleasure of coaching the year 4 Blues for the 2015 season.
Thankfully after a number of years in the Auskick and Super 8 system, the boys finally had an opportunity to play against opposition teams from the local East Fremantle district on a weekly basis.
We had 17 boys enrolled for our Blue team, all from a variety of schools from around the local area.
Over the course of the year we played on a home and away basis and included a weekly training session on Wednesday night. Their improvement throughout the year was fantastic, to me their teamwork, competitiveness and skill improvement stood out.
Special comments for our players are:
- Harry: Our best tackler for the year, provided a lot of run and loved to compete
- Strahany: Stood tall in the forward line numerous times, taking strong marks and kicking some good long goals
- Jordie: Fantastic season, running hard and kicking the ball off both feet, a great team player……great year Jordie
- Skep: A beautiful left foot kick whose marking improved thoughout the year….keep practising your snaps Haz
- Dalton: The quickest of our boys who loved to get in there and attack the ball, showed great improvement as the year progressed.
- Rossy: Great improver throughout the year, when he played in front he was unstoppable ! A great listener which is so important.
- Jack: Continued to improve as the season went on – a ruckman in the making who loves to snap at goal ! Keep working hard Jack.
- Big George: Smallest on our team but had the biggest heart, loved to get in and get a kick plus not scared to tackle anyone.
- Matty: Found a niche in the back line and continued to improve…..began to attack the ball and dispose of with quick hands, great to watch mate.
- Thorfy: Loved the forward line, and kicked some great goals late in the season, laid some fantastic hard tackles, keep working at it Thorf.
- Kyle: Beautiful passer of the ball by hand and foot, a very solid contributor who kicked some great goals
- Tommy: Loved to attack the ball and play in front, kicking showed great improvement as the year progressed, great season Tommy.
- Douggy: The master of the quick handpass who showed some genuine pace, great improvement throughout the year, well done Douggy
- Jimmy: Loves to run, compete, bounce, kick and play footy, a fantastic year Jimmy.
- Foggy: Played majority of games, however finished early for health reasons, improved throughout the year and most of all was very keen to listen and learn, well done Foggy.
- Hespy: Hard running forward with great skills who gave 100% every week, a pleasure to coach, well done Hespy.
- Big Hayds: As the season progressed so did big Hayd ’s, beautiful big long kick, keep going Hayds.
- To all the parents a huge thank-you for bringing the boys down to each training session and game day, providing oranges, goal umpriring and timekeeping. Special mention to Dennis Brestovac, Jeremy Skepper and Pete Collins who helped out throughout the year at training.
Special thanks to Leslie Eddy, our manager, who volunteered and did a great job organising rosters, pizza nights, correspondence, game day sheets etc. A tough job which you made look easy …..cheers.
Last thanks is to Mick Strahan who pretty much coached the boys alongside me all year…..massive effort at training and on game day, plus while I was away –thanks mate.
Overall it has been a very successful season and also very rewarding as a coach to see the improvement in the players.
We hope to see you all again next year.
Go the Bulldogs !
Dave Glass (Coach)