Back in the 1970’s, Australian Football for juniors in Perth was very much aligned with the State Primary School locations. Each Primary School had their own local junior football club, which was independent of the school, but, in most cases, used the primary-school oval for training.
However, as one decade turned the corner, competition from winter sports such as soccer and hockey proved challenging for the smaller junior football clubs who ultimately struggled for playing members.
The East Fremantle Junior Football Council understood these pressures and supported Junior Club consolidation to enable clubs to be sustainable.
The first merging in the East Fremantle Junior Football District area took place between Ardross JFC (with its red-and-white South Fremantle jumper) and Brentwood JFC (with its red, blue, and white jumper) at the end of 1981 to form the Karoonda Junior Football Club. (It was called Karoonda JFC because its home ground was Karoonda Reserve, located on Karoonda Road, Booragoon.)
Booragoon Bulldogs who have gone on into AFL and WAFL careers.
- Patrick Cripps – Carlton & East Fremantle
- Elliot Yeo – West Coast, Brisbane, East Fremantle
- Jonathon Griffin – Fremantle, Adelaide, East Fremantle, Peel
- Jamie McNamara – West Coast, East Fremantle, Williamstown
- Josh Carr – Port Adelaide, Fremantle, East Fremantle
- Sam Menegola– Geelong, Fremantle, Hawthorn, East Fremantle
- Alex Howson – East Fremantle (2013- ), Fremantle Dockers (2013 AFL Rookie Draft #25)
- Jacob Green – East Fremantle (2015-2016)
- Kristian Morisey – Perth (2017)
- Michael Broadbridge – East Fremantle (1987-1990), Swan Districts (1991-1994)
If you can add previous (or future!!) players to this list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.